Flowers for mom
- Popsicle sticks
- Colored cupcake liners
- Craft glue
- Craft pom poms or cotton balls
- With markers, color each popsicle stick and apply a small amount of glue to one end.
- Turn the cupcake liner inside out and place it on top of the glue -- on the popsicle stick.
- Apply a small amount of glue to the center of the cupcake liner, add a craft pom pom or cotton ball.
- Cut leaves from a piece of paper, color and apply glue to the back of the popsicle stick.
- Place the leaves (colored side facing the glue) on the popsicle stick and let dry.
Beaded necklace or bracelet for mom
- Craft yarn
- Craft beads
- Craft flowers (optional)
- Measure and cut the desired length of yarn.
- Tightly wrap a small piece of tape around one end of the yarn.
- String one bead onto the yarn, sliding it all the way to the opposite end and tie a knot around the bead.
- Continue stringing beads (and flowers) onto the yarn until finished, leaving 2- to 3-inches of yarn at the end.
- Thread the remaining yarn through the knot around the first bead and secure with a double knot.
Yarn frames for mom
- Craft yarn
- Photograph or artwork
- Cut a square from a piece of cardboard and then poke a hole in the center to cut a second square inside, which creates the frame. With the scissors, round the outside corners of the frame before you continue.
- Cut a 2-foot piece of yarn, tie it around the cardboard frame and start wrapping it tightly around the cardboard in a clockwise direction.
- When the piece of yarn gets close to the end, tie another 2-foot piece to it and continue wrapping -- tucking the tied ends under as you go.
- Secure the last piece by threading it through one of the pieces on the back of the frame, then tie it in a double knot.
- Tape a photograph or piece of artwork to the backside of the frame.
Tip: The rounded corners make the wrapping easier and by using shorter lengths of yarn, you are less likely to get the yarn tangled while wrapping the frame.
I love mom because… frame
- Gallery picture frame
- Printer paper
- Markers (optional)
- Ask your kids to finish the sentence, "I love mom because" while you type the answers in a document on the computer.
- Size each child's answers to fit inside your gallery frame openings before printing -- using one piece of paper for each frame opening.
- Print out the words "I love mom because" on a separate piece of paper.
- Cut each piece slightly larger than the size of the frame opening and tape each one inside the gallery frame -- placing the question in the top left position.
- Allow your children to draw pictures on their answer square prior to taping it into the frame (optional).
Tip: For every child you have, you will need a space for each child plus one additional space. For example, if you have two children, you will need a gallery frame with three openings.