My "Swank Earring Holder" business began. And promptly ended weeks later.
Turns out I’m not crafty, and I would much rather explain how to do something than do it myself over and over again. Once is enough for me, thank you very much.
So, here I am. Ready to pass on my expertise so I can finally retire, and so you can learn the secrets to displaying your jewelry in style.
What you'll need
- Fabric similar to lace or tulle -- it just has to have tiny holes for your earrings to poke through
- Staple gun and staples
- A fun frame in a size big enough to hold all the earrings you own (the one in this video is 11 x 14 inches)
- Hooks for your necklaces (mine are from Ikea)
Now get to work
- All you need to do is cut a piece of fabric to fit the size of the frame. Staple it into place on the backside of the frame so that it’s tight enough to hold the weight of all your earrings.
- Now you need ribbon to hang your new stylin’ Swank Holder. Cut the ribbon to the length you need and staple it in a loop at the top. And then… you are done!
Once your earring holder is hung in the perfect place, flank each side with hooks so that your earrings and necklaces can all stay in one place. Place a little vintage bowl underneath for your rings, and there you go -- a fun little display that you can say you did all by yourself.