Siri can help you with a spontaneous afternoon of fun. Simply ask her where the nearest park is, and she’ll give you a lengthy list. If you're unsure about whether you should bring jackets for the kids, just ask her and she'll tell you what the low temperature will be.
Then, once the kids have exhausted themselves at the park, ask her where you can find the best ice cream shops, and she’ll return a list categorized by rating and offer you directions for how to get there. Now that’s a mom’s best friend!
Siri can make a grocery list in just moments. Here’s how:
- Open the Reminders application and make a new list by simply tapping the lists button at the top-left corner in the app.
- Tap Edit, then Create New List and type Groceries.
- Click Done.
- Once you’ve created your list, you can refer to that list when talking to Siri. Add to your running list whenever something comes to mind by telling Siri, "Add milk to my Groceries list." Then, when Siri asks you to confirm the item, reply "yes" and she’ll add it for you.
If you’re forever in the drop-off line at school before you realize that your child’s lunch is at home in the refrigerator, you’ll love using Siri for location-based reminders.
Simply set up a location-based reminder to grab the lunch from the refrigerator before you pull out of the garage. Here’s how:
- Open the Reminders app and click the plus sign in the upper-right corner to add a reminder.
- Type Grab Lunch and tap Done.
- Tap the reminder that you just created and click Remind Me, switch At a Location to on and click When I Leave.
Try these great meal planning apps >>
I've yet to meet a mom who couldn't use some extra encouragement. Today, when I told Siri that I was tired, she replied, "Nothing wrong with being tired or sleepy." She's both handy and supportive.
Make friends with Siri and you'll never look back!