Get the kids involved with the cooking with this quick and easy English muffin pizza recipe. Forget about making and rolling out that pizza dough. With this recipe, all you have to do is slice up some English muffins instead of making your own dough.
Let the whole family get involved by having everyone make their own individual pizzas. Set out some of your favorite pizza toppings and the kids can make their own meal in a pizza assembly line. The kids will love getting to do it themselves and as a bonus it's less cooking for mom and dad! Kids can enjoy tried and true favorite toppings like black olive and pepperoni, while mom and dad can be a little more adventurous with sliced tomato and freshly chopped basil on top.
Just about anything you can think up can be used as a topping, and these English muffin pizzas are a great way to use up leftovers from the fridge. Serve with a salad for a tasty dinner, as a perfect afternoon snack or as an easy-to-assemble appetizer for your next party. Plus, they are cute and so much fun to make!
English muffin pizza recipe
Makes 12 English muffin pizzas
- 6 English muffins, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the six English muffins in half using a serrated knife. Place them on a large baking sheet with the cut side up.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on top of each English muffin.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on top of each English muffin.
- Top each individual English muffin pizza with the pizza topping of your choice.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.