Luau in your living room? Why not! We've all heard of lemon chicken and orange chicken, but have you ever considered serving pineapple chicken? Have yourself a Hawaiian staycation with the family and make everyone some pineapple chicken. Rather than going to the tropics yourself, bring the delicious tropical flavors into your very own kitchen with this great recipe. This pineapple chicken recipe is just the right blend of sweet and tangy. Serve it up with some rice, fresh roasted veggies and some Hawaiian rolls for a delicious and balanced meal. Gather up the kids, grab a lei and put on a grass skirt, work on your hula and make tonight Hawaiian night!
Pineapple chicken recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks or slices
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dip each chicken breast in the milk, and then dredge each of the four chicken breasts in the flour until they are thoroughly coated.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook until they are lightly browned on both sides. Transfer the chicken breasts to a roasting pan.
- Drain the pineapple juice into a small sauce pan and reserve the pineapple pieces. Add water, barbecue sauce and soy sauce to the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then add in the brown sugar. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the juice mixture over the chicken breasts in the roasting pan and bake in the oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Pour the reserved pineapple pieces over the chicken breasts and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.