Rich M&M cookies
Just because you've decided to go Gluten-free doesn't mean you have to scratch homemade cookies from your diet! There are lots of gluten-free flour substitutes (such as rice flours, nut flours and others) as well as gluten-free flour mixes like Bob's Red Mill or Pamela's Baking Mix which has leavening components.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Combine butter, sour cream, sugars, vanilla and oil with an electric mixer in a large bowl.
- Once completely combined, add flour or baking mix little by little until combined.
- Fold in M&Ms with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours or even overnight, if you have time.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto greased cookie sheets and bake for about 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
Gluten-free spaghetti casserole
Spaghetti tends to be a family favorite so it's a perfect way to ease your family into a gluten-free meal. They may not even notice the difference!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 12 ounce bag of rice pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil rice noodles according to package and set aside.
- Sauté ground turkey in oil until browned, then add garlic, onion and green pepper and sauté until soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper, oregano and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Combine sauce and noodles in a casserole dish, then top with cheese and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Cornmeal cinnamon pancakes
Start your gluten-free day off right with these hearty cornmeal pancakes.
- 2 cups stoneground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl, and combine all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until lumps are smoothed out.
- Cook pancakes in a skillet lightly oiled or coated with melted butter on medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side.