Posted: Dec 25, 2012 9:10 PM
Yield: About 12 pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons of sprinkles
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cake mix in a bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla until smooth in another bowl.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture quickly. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fold the sprinkles into the batter.
- You may need to add a little extra milk to get the right consistency for pancakes.
- Preheat your griddle on medium low heat. Pancakes have a lot of sugar and will get too brown if your griddle is too hot.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on the top and edges look dull.
- Flip and cook until done.
- Serve with the glaze and a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles.
- For Glaze
- Mix powdered sugar, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add enough cream to give it the desired consistency.
- Stir until smooth.