These turkey burgers are low in calories, not light on taste. Seasoning your turkey before it is grilled helps to carry Tex-Mex flavors through the entire sandwich. This southwest-inspired burger is served on a bed of guacamole with a heaping scoop of salsa on top.
If you are looking for a more made from home taste, make your own fresh salsa. For a fast and simple pico de gallo, finely dice Roma tomatoes, yellow onion, fresh jalapeno, cilantro and a garlic clove. Sprinkle with salt and squeeze a lime juice over it. Stir to combine and scoop on top of your burger.
Can't live without fresh guacamole too? Mash a ripe avocado with a fork. Add a pinch of salt and a scoop of fresh pico or salsa. Stir until well combined.
Add a bowl of tortilla chips with your fresh pico de gallo and simple guacamole and you have a Tex-Mex barbecue. Easy as pie -- and don't forget the pie!
Fully loaded Tex-Mex turkey sliders
- 24 ounces ground turkey
- 4 teaspoons Mrs. Dash SW Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 container Wholly Salsa, drained
- 1 package Wholly Guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slider rolls, cut in half and buttered
- Preheat your grill to high. You can make these on a gas, charcoal, tabletop or even a grill pan on your stove.
- Divide ground turkey into 3-ounce servings. Form into patties slightly larger than your bun. Make a slight indentation in the center of the burger to prevent it from doming up in the center. The indentation will rise as your burger cooks. Sprinkle each patty with about 1/2 teaspoon of the chipotle seasoning. Gently rub seasoning into top, bottom and sides of the meat.
- Grill until golden brown and slightly charred (about 3 minutes), turning once (cook for 3 minutes on the other side for medium). Try not to press down on your burger with a spatula. It causes the juices to escape and will create a dry burger! Add cheese for the last minute of cooking.
- Butter buns and place on grill (inside down) for about 1 minute, until they are golden brown with grill marks. Remove buns and prepare with 2-3 tablespoons of guacamole on the bottom bun. Place cheeseburger on top and 2-3 tablespoons of fresh salsa (or pico de gallo) on top.