Contributed by Donna Elick, from The Slow Roasted Italian
This drink will surely quench your summer thirst, whether you are enjoying a girl's night in or an evening with your man! So kick off your heels and slip into this Caribbean cocktail.
Tall and long, this is a light sipping rum cocktail. Just a few simple ingredients and a couple of minutes and you will find yourself transported to the Caribbean, savoring this tantalizing cocktail as your worries drift away.
- 15-20 mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 ounces simple syrup *
- 2 ounces Bacardi Light Rum
- 4 ounces club soda
- 1 cup ice
- 1 sprig mint, for garnish
- 1 whole strawberry, for garnish
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
*Combine half sugar and half water. Bring to a boil and allow to cool.
- In a tall glass muddle the mint leaves, chopped strawberries, lime pieces, and the simple syrup.
- Press the mixture through a small strainer into a tall cocktail glass.
- Add the ice, rum and the club soda.
- Stir them to combine.
- Garnish it with a whole strawberry, lime wedge and sprig of mint.