Posted: Jul 09, 2012 1:00 PM
Makes about 6 dozen
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour the oats, flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour very hot melted butter over the mixture and stir it until the sugar has melted.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cover the cookie sheets with ungreased aluminum foil.
- Drop 1/2 level teaspoons of the cookie mixture onto the foil, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Cook about 10-12 minutes, watching carefully.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, the foil will peel off.
- Store in airtight containers.
Recipe reprinted by permission from Loukoumi’s Celebrity Cookbook Featuring Favorite Childhood Recipes by Over 50 Celebrities by Nick Katsoris. Copyright (c) 2011 by NK Publications, Inc.