Posted: Jul 09, 2012 1:00 PM
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Sift the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat the butter, cocoa and Coca-Cola in a saucepan to boiling point.
- Pour the hot mixture over the flour/sugar mixture.
- Add the buttermilk, baking soda, eggs, vanilla and marshmallows. (Batter will be thin and marshmallows will float to the top.)
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Ice cake while it is still hot.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- 16 ounces confectioners sugar
- Combine all of the ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Pour over the cake while it is still hot.
Recipe reprinted by permission from Loukoumi’s Celebrity Cookbook Featuring Favorite Childhood Recipes by Over 50 Celebrities by Nick Katsoris. Copyright (c) 2011 by NK Publications, Inc.