- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press into an oblong, lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated rind of one lemon
Directions for filling:
- Mix together with the beater: eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice.
- Add the grated lemon rind and stir.
- Spread the mixture on top of the baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- When they cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cut into squares.
Note^Use a pan larger than a cake pan -- bars are better a little thinner, rather than thick.
Recipe reprinted by permission from Loukoumi's Celebrity Cookbook Featuring Favorite Childhood Recipes by Over 50 Celebrities by Nick Katsoris. Copyright (c) 2011 by NK Publications, Inc.