Posted: Jul 27, 2012 11:00 AM
Pork and veggie skewers with Ranch barbecue sauce recipe
Timing^ Prep: 20 minutes -- Cook: 32 minutes -- Total: 52 minutes
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle honey barbecue sauce
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning and dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers (any color), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 small red onions, cut into wedges
- To make barbecue sauce, combine the first four ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer it, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the pork and veggies onto skewers.
- Brush them with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the skewers over direct heat for 12 to 14 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Brush with the Ranch barbecue sauce during the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with the additional Ranch barbecue sauce for dipping.
Easy veggie pasta salad recipe
Timing^ Prep: 15 minutes -- Cook: 7 minutes -- Total: 22 minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) box corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle zesty Italian-style salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and the vegetables.
- Drizzle it with the salad dressing, and toss it gently to combine.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
No fuss banana pudding recipe
Prep: 20 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 1 (5.1 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding and milk for 2 minutes, or until it has slightly thickened.
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk until it is combined.
- Add the whipping cream and whisk it until it is thick.
- Reserve 10 to 12 cookies for the garnish.
- Layer about one-third of the banana slices and the remaining cookies in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Cover with one-third of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat the layers twice.
- Spread the thawed whipped topping over top (if using).
- Crumble the reserved cookies and sprinkle on top.