You shouldn't have to skip out on flavor and health to enjoy a fast, easy dinner. This five-ingredient dinner is simple to make and loaded with flavor. Arugula is herbaceous and peppery, making it the perfect green to use to create a flavorful salad. Grana Padano cheese, which is similar to Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan), is a salty and versatile cheese, a perfect topping on this salad.
Quinoa is a healthy alternative to rice and cooks in just about 15 minutes. It's tasty, light, easy to digest and is a perfect addition to salads. Not only is quinoa good for your health, it adds a little of that crunch factor that we all love so much in salads.
Grilled chicken and arugula salad
- 2 cups grilled chicken, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- 2 cups cooked tri-color quinoa
- 6 ounces colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese shavings
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the arugula to a large salad bowl. Top with the chopped grilled chicken and halved cherry tomatoes. Add the cooled quinoa.
- Using a carrot peeler, shave the Grana Padano cheese over the top of the salad.
- Dress with your favorite vinaigrette and enjoy!
Rachel's suggested wine pairing
Salads with vinaigrette are by nature difficult to pair with wine. Choose a wine with high acid to complement the vinaigrette. The arugula, which is grassy and peppery, is also a main ingredient to consider when pairing a wine with this salad. Try a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or Sancerre -- both of which are fresh, crisp and grassy. A Gruner Veltliner, which is known for its white pepper and earthy qualities, will also pair beautifully with the arugula.