Pizza in any form is always a hit. But turned into a 4-layer dip, is pure magic! It will certainly disappear in the blink of an eye. This dip is built on a bed of ricotta and an Italian cheese blend with a river of tomato sauce and tons of meat toppings. Serve with crostini or breadsticks -- this is a show stopping appetizer!
Make a quick crostini to serve with your dip: Slice a baguette into 1/2-inch slices. Drizzle with olive oil and cook at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. As soon as the bread is removed from the oven, rub each piece with a fresh peeled garlic clove.
Meat lover's 4-layer pizza dip
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend (divided)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 pre-cooked spicy Italian sausage, sliced into coins
- 20-30 pepperoni slices
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mini food processor (or blender) combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, combine the ricotta cheese and about 1/2 of the shredded cheese. Stir to mix well. Using a spatula, spread the cheese mixture across the bottom of the pie plate. Pour the tomato sauce on top of the cheese mixture. Spread the sauce evenly. Arrange the sausage, half of the bacon and half of the pepperoni on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the meat layer. Arrange the remaining pepperoni over the top of the cheese and sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve it with the breadsticks or crostini. Enjoy.
There are so many possibilities and variations with this dish. You choose the theme of the party and create your pizza dip to match.
^ Having a Hawaiian party? Top your dip with ham and pineapple.
^ Feeling like Philly style? Top your pizza with steak, onions and peppers.
VeGGIE^ Want to lighten it up? Top your dip with your favorite veggies.