Impress guests by serving this dish with a fresh arugula salad and roasted potatoes for an ultimate crowd pleaser. To complement the flavors of the dish, serve with a Slim and Sparkling orange mango martini made with Sparkling ICE.
Orange mango grilled pork chops with sparkling pineapple coconut chutney
Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 25 minutes
Marinate time: At least 10 hours or overnight
Ingredients for the pork chops:
- 2-1/4 cups sparkling orange mango mojo marinade (see recipe below)
- 6 boneless or bone-in thinly cut pork chops (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds total)
Ingredients for the chutney:
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple coconut Sparkling ICE
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (dark or light)
- 4 cups fresh pineapple, cut into medium chunks
Directions for the chutney:
- Combine the pineapple coconut sparkling ice and the brown sugar in a large sauté or frying pan.
- Cook on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the mixture is syrupy and about half its volume.
- Add the fresh pineapple chunks and cook for about 10 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- Turn off the pan once the pineapples have darkened in color and are soft enough for a knife to glide through with ease.
Directions for grilling:
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and pat it dry with a towel. Apply salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a grill on medium-high heat. Once the grill is ready, place the pork chops flat on a 45 degree angle and cook for 2 minutes.
- For perfect grill marks, lift the pork chop and rotate to the opposite angle (think of a clock: start facing 2 and then you rotate the pork chop to face 10).
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Flip the pork chop to the other side, turn the heat to medium, and repeat step 3.
- Grill until cooked through, or until an instant read thermometer reads 145 degrees F internally.
- Rest for 3 minutes, top with the chutney and serve.
Sparkling orange mango mojo marinade
Yields 2-1/4 cups of marinade
Prep time: 10 minutes -- Marinate time: At least 10 hours or overnight
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 1-1/2 cups orange mango Sparkling ICE
- 6 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeño halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
Directions for the marinade:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until mixture is smooth (approximately 30 seconds).
- For best results: marinade your desired meat at least 10 hours or overnight.
Variation^ Thin cut boneless chicken breast can be substituted in place of the pork chops. Cooking directions are the same with the exception of cooking time and internal temperature for doneness (which for poultry should be 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer).
Slim and sparkling orange mango martini
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce orange-flavored vodka
- 3 ounces orange mango Sparkling ICE
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well
- Garnish with orange peel.
>>Keep warm as the weather gets cooler with these delicious recipes from Sparkling ICE. Enjoy! Sparkling ICE is the perfect beverage for people of all ages. Crisp and refreshing, Sparkling ICE can be enjoyed alone or as a mixer for yummy low-calorie cocktails. Delicious, zero calories and refreshing, Sparkling ICE combines fresh spring water, natural fruit juices and vitamins and antioxidants to create tasty, lightly-carbonated, refreshments in assorted thirst-quenching flavors. A great alternative to soft drinks, appealing to all age groups, diabetics and the health-conscious, Sparkling ICE is available in eight distinct, delicious flavors sweetened with Splenda, all of which are caffeine-free, Kosher U and free of sodium and carbohydrates. For more information on Sparkling ICE check out www.Sparklingice.com