Contributed by Cooking Light
Cranberry swirl cheesecake
Serves 12 (serving size: 1 wedge)
Hands-on time^38 minutes
Total time^10 hours 53 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces chocolate graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Chambord (raspberry flavored liqueur)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wrap the outside and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan tightly with a double layer of heavy-duty foil. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Place the crackers in a food processor and process until finely ground. Drizzle with oil and pulse until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and inch up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Place the cranberries, sugar, liqueur and 3 tablespoons of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes or until the cranberries pop and the mixture is syrupy. Cool 20 minutes. Place the mixture in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and cheeses in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in the yogurt, vanilla and salt. Add the 3 eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place the 2 egg whites in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form, using clean, dry beaters. Fold the beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the filling over the crust. Spoon the cranberry mixture over the filling. Swirl together using the tip of a knife. Place the springform pan in a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan. Add the hot water to a pan to a depth of 2 inches. Bake for 50 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake barely moves when the pan is touched.
- Turn the oven off. Cool the cheesecake in a closed oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Run a knife around the outside edge. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
Within just a few moments of looking through The New Way to Cook Light, from the publishers of Cooking Light, you'll see that you don't have to choose between delicious and healthy. They've put together a book that will keep your taste buds happy and will have you coming back for more.