When I came across this pin by my sister I knew I had to make it. As a lover of green apples and Snickers, the fact that I had never before combined them baffled me. So, following directions from DessertedPlanet, I whipped this tasty treat up. If you are looking for a new, quick and not too costly dessert idea give this one a whirl. Keep in mind that it yields a lot, so it is best served with a crowd... or not.
Apple Snickers trifle
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) tub of Cool Whip
- 6 cups Granny Smith apples, chopped (approximately 6 apples)
- 10 full-size Snickers, chopped
- Caramel sauce
- Add the cream cheese to your mixer and beat until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip.
- Reserve about a cup of apples and 1/2 cup of the Snickers to the side for garnish.
- Mix in the remaining apples and 1-1/2 cups of the Snickers.
- Add a third of the mixture to the bottom of your trifle dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the remaining chopped Snickers.
- Spoon another third of the mixture on top, and again top with half of the Snickers.
- Add the remaining mixture to the dish.
- Sprinkle the apples and Snickers over top and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- This makes a lot! You can half the recipe and make it in a smaller dish. Presentation may not be the same, but it will taste just as delicious!
- Make and serve the same day. Even with refrigeration the Cool Whip causes it to become runny the next day. Again, just as delicious, but presentation isn't nearly as nice.