Tortilla soup is one of those soups that’s loaded with flavor from very few ingredients. All you have to do is throw five ingredients into a pot, heat through and top with crunchy tortilla strips, avocado and fresh cilantro. Serve in a Mason jar for a unique serving bowl or for an easy lunch to grab and go!
Mason jar tortilla soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar red salsa
- 2 cups shredded grilled chicken
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2-3 corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, diced small
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat the chicken broth and salsa over medium heat. Once bubbling, add shredded chicken, corn kernels and black beans. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- While the soup is heating, add the vegetable oil to a nonstick pan. Heat over medium heat and add a tortilla. Cook until crispy and brown on each side. Remove from the pan, cut in half and then into strips. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Ladle the soup into wide mouth pint size Mason jars. Top with tortilla strips, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!