Classic Jell-O shots
When it comes to cocktail recipes, the classics are guaranteed to be a hit. Serve up this original gelatin shot summer drink recipe and party like it's 1999!
- Flavored gelatin mix
- Read over your gelatin mix instructions to determine how much water your Jell-O box requires. Add half of the amount of water necessary to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin mix to the boiling water and boil until fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Replace the remaining half of water your recipe calls for with vodka and add to the hot gelatin mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour your jelly shot concoction into small cups such as condiment cups or small paper cups and place into refrigerator until set, approximately 2 hours. Then your alcoholic shots are ready for your shindig!
Berry melon margarita Jell-O shots
Summer berries and watermelon make the perfect Jell-O shot combo for this refreshing summer drink recipe by Jellinator.com.
- 1 box raspberry fusion Jell-O
- 1 box blackberry fusion Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups ready-to-drink watermelon margarita mix with liquor
- Add both boxes of gelatin mix to boiling water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add watermelon margarita mix to the Jell-O mixture and combine well.
- Pour into condiment containers and chill in refrigerator until set, approximately 2 hours.
- Once firm, garnish with blackberries and serve! Yields approximately 30 alcoholic shots.
Orange slice Jell-O shots
Serve up summer drinks with a twist when you disguise delicious gelatin shots as orange slices in this cocktail recipe by GoodCocktails.com.
- 4 medium oranges
- 1 cup orange-flavored vodka
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces orange flavored gelatin mix
- Slice oranges lengthwise and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. Be careful to scrape the orange all the way to the pith without breaking the rind!
- Bring water to a boil and add in gelatin mix and stir until Jell-O is completely dissolved.
- Add vodka to the jelly mix and stir.
- Place orange rinds into muffin pans to steady and pour gelatin concoction into the orange peel halves; be sure to fill them all the way to the top.
- Place muffin pan with Jell-O-filled rinds into the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Once set, remove the "oranges" from the refrigerator and slice into wedges with a sharp knife. Serve on a platter and watch the reactions from your guests because they'll be priceless!
4th of July stained glass red, white and blue Jell-O shots
Summer just wouldn't be the same without a patriotic cocktail recipe like these 4th of July red, white and blue Jell-O shots from TheWateringMouth.com.
Ingredients for colored Jell-O:
- 2 cups water
- 2 envelopes Knox Gelatin
- 1 (3-ounce) box red Jell-O mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box blue Jell-O mix
- 2 cups ice cold vodka, separated
Directions for colored Jell-O:
- Pour water into pan and sprinkle with gelatin powder. Allow to soak for 1 minute.
- Heat gelatin mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a bowl, mix red Jell-O mix with half of the hot gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Repeat with blue Jell-O mix in a separate bowl.
- Divide vodka equally into each of the 2 colored Jell-O mixtures and combine well.
- Pour each color into 2 separate rectangle or square cake pans and chill in refrigerator until set, about 2 to 4 hours.
Ingredients for white gelatin:
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2-1/2 envelopes Knox Gelatin
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
Directions for white gelatin:
- Once red and blue gelatins are firm, dissolve clear gelatin mix into water and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until fully dissolved.
- Stir in condensed milk and remove from heat. Cool to room temperature to avoid color runs.
- Remove colored Jell-O from the refrigerator and cut into small cubes. Place red and blue cubes into a 9 x 13-inch glass pan.
- Once milk mixture has cooled, pour over gelatin blocks and skim off any bubbles that form.
- Chill until fully set, cut into cubes and serve up this patriotic summer drink recipe at your next backyard bash.
Mudslide Jell-O shots
Turn your favorite chilly cocktail recipe into a bite-sized gelatin shot with this scrumptious recipe by EricaSweetTooth.com!
- 1/3 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 1/3 cup Baileys liqueur
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Lightly spray mold with nonstick spray and wipe off excess with a towel.
- Pour Kahlua, Baileys and half and half in a pot and sprinkle gelatin on top. Allow to soak for 2-3 minutes before heating on low and stirring constantly until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and add vodka.
- Pour into molds, leaving room for a layer of chocolate in the mold and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a zip-top sandwich bag for 30 seconds. Cut corner off of bag and pipe chocolate into each mold to the top. Return chocolate-topped gelatin to refrigerator and chill until completely set; approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Once your gelatin shots are firm, unmold, plate and pass around at your next party!
Apple pie jelly shots
At any summer soiree, Jell-O shots are as American as apple pie. So serve up this twist on the classic alcoholic shot thanks to the help of flavored vodka — yum!
- 1 (1-ounce) box unflavored gelatin mix
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups cake-flavored vodka
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pour 2 cups of apple juice into a pan, add a dash of cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, pour vodka into a bowl and sprinkle your box of unflavored gelatin mix over the top. Allow to sit at least 1 minute before stirring.
- Once apple juice is boiling, remove from heat and pour into a bowl of vodka and gelatin mix and stir until well combined, about 5 minutes.
- Pour jelly concoction into small condiment cups or paper cups and place into refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
- Once your gelatin shots are firm, you can serve them in their containers or unmold them from their cups before revealing to your party guests. Either way, this is 1 summer drink recipe they'll be talking about all year long!