Whether you're headed for the beach, the park or just enjoying a meal in your backyard, this layered fruit salad with honey Greek yogurt is a great addition. The fruits in the salad can be adjusted based on what you have on hand and what the kids will eat. You could also buy pre-made honey Greek yogurt but we like to make it ourselves since it's so easy. Throw everything together in a Mason jar, put the lid on and you're ready to go.
Mason jar layered fruit salad with honey Greek yogurt
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 peach, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup granola or nuts of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and honey.
- Using either a quart-size Mason jar or 2 pint-size Mason jars, add a thin layer of strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and peach chunks.
- Top with a layer of honey Greek yogurt and granola or nuts (if eating right away, use granola. If they will be sitting for a while before enjoying, use nuts).
- Continue layering the fruit, saving the raspberries for the top. Add the rest of the honey Greek yogurt and granola or nuts and seal the jar(s).
- When ready to enjoy, either stir the fruit and yogurt in the jar (a wide-mouth jar will be easier for this) or pour the salad into another bowl and stir to combine.